Scheme for Learning "Self-Hypnosis"
By Vladimir Bernik - Society of Medical Hypnosis of São Paulo, Brazil
Ideas for achieve concentration, calm and isolation from the environment,
am calm and tranquil, relaxing myself.
I am becoming more and more relaxed.
I am becoming deeply concentrated into myself.
I am not paying any attention to the environment outside myself.
Quite the contrary, each noise I am hearing is helping me to become even more deeply relaxed.
Now I am concentrated into myself.
I'm trying to feel myself.
That is for my own good.
Progressive body relaxation, starting from the legs and moving toward the head.
legs are loose, soft and relaxed.
My arms are loose, soft and relaxed.
My body is loose, soft and relaxed.
My breathing is calm and tranquil, easy and confortable.
My shoulders are loose, soft, and relaxed (all my tension went away, and my responsibilities were now taken off from my shoulders.).
My neck is very loose, soft and relaxed.
My eyelids are heavy and sleepy. . My mind is empty.
Start counting progressively, from one to five, to deepen your relaxation:
"Now I am counting, slowly, from 1 to 5, and each number I say, I am going to deepen more and more with my self-hypnosis, with all certainty."
1. I am becoming more and more
deeply relaxed and calm . . .
2. I am becoming more and more deeply relaxed and calm . . .
3. I am becoming more and more deeply relaxed and calm . . .
4. I am becoming more and more deeply relaxed and calm . . . and
5. I am becoming more and more deeply relaxed and calm . . .
"And now that I am relaxed, I am ready to give myself suggestions, for my own good."
Use few, simple, direct, and repeated phrases many times:
Now that my body is relaxed, I am going to take this opportunity to reach my unconscious mind and give myself useful suggestions for my own benefit.
By means of this treatment, I am going to be feeling each time better,
more tranquil and calm, safe and confident in myself (and in my treatment),
active and dynamic, happy and well-disposed.
2) (Specific): Through the action of this treatment, and through the continuos repetition of my self-hypnosis, I am...
3) (Reinforcement of the self-hypnosis): I am going to repeat this self-hypnosis every day, at least once a day, complete or incompletely, for my own well being. I am going to do it right or wrongly, complete or incompletely, for my own benefit.
a) When the self-hypnosis is done before sleep, here is an option to convert your self-hypnosis into natural sleep: "And now that I am relaxed, I take the opportunity of this relaxation to enter a deep and repairing sleep, so that I will awaken tomorrow morning feeling exceedingly well, rested, and happy, and ready for one more day of work."
b) A more common option to leave the self-hypnosis, when done during the day: "And now that I am relaxed, I am going to leave my self-hypnosis feeling exceedingly well - physically invigorated and rested, mentally calm and tranquil. I will be ready for one more day of work. I will be happy and well, awaken and mentally active, with no signs of sleepiness or drowsiness, with no physical indisposition, and with no headaches, body weakness, or languidness. I will be in my most perfect physical and mental shape. For that effect, I am going to count backward starting with the five, and for each number I say, I will be feeling better."
5. I am returning to my plain
and normal consciousness.
4. I am feeling well, without sleepiness and without drowsiness.
3. I am breathing deeply, filling my lungs with air, oxygenating and invigorating all my body, feeling a new life circulating throughout me.
2. My physical force is returning, totally and completely, while I move my arms and hands, legs and feet, stretching myself and feeling well, and
1. I am opening my eyes, feeling well and well disposed!
NOTE: Each phrase should be repeated at least three times.
An Article on Hypnoterapy
A List of Internet resources on Hypnoterapy
for Biomedical Informatics
State University of Campinas, Brazil
Helena Cardoso, PhD, Editor-in-Chief